Sunday, November 27, 2005

Back in action

The first post in five months - just got too busy and was too distracted for a while. Didn't help that I finally bought World of Warcraft in August...

Nevertheless, things in my life are going smoothly as we head into the Christmas season. I've been a full time employee at RTS Services doing a solo software project for our sister company Wespro. It is amazing how much I am still learning, especially as the project I am responsible for involves a windows client on a laptop talking to a SQL server on a database via a webservice that I had to create, with a web application to do reporting and db administration. My XML is finally getting better as I am having more exposure to it.

Last week I attended the Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server 2005 launch here in Calgary. It was the first big Microsoft event I've attended and it was interesting to see. The amount of money they must be spending on the launch events across North America must be staggering, but I guess they make it back in spades later with the sale their products. Got some worthwhile freebies from it as well as a day of marketing, although I probably won't be wearing the t-shirt that they handed out to participants - I'm not going to proclaim myself as that much of a computer geek =:)

No comments: